[Infographics] Highlight of Facebook’s 10 Years of Journey
There is an adage in india that says, every exception in India runs into a million. In facebook case it runs in to a billion. This is a sense that you get when you read the following stats. A million isn’t cool, you know what’s cool? A billion!
- 201.6 billion friend connections since February 2004
- 1.23 billion monthly active users as of December 2013
- 945 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products as of December 2013
- More than 6 billion Likes per day on average in December 2013.
- 400 billion photos shared on Facebook since October 2005.
- 7.8 trillion messages sent since the start of 2012
- 77.2 billion all time location tagged posts as of January 2014
- Approximately 81% of daily active user are outside of U.S and Canada as of December 2013
- Over 25 million small business pages as of November 2013
- 6,337 employees worldwide as of December
To celebrate the day, Facebook’s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote a special message – on Facebook
People often ask if I always knew that Facebook would become what it is today. No way.
I remember getting pizza with my friends one night in college shortly after opening Facebook. I told them I was excited to help connect our school community, but one day someone needed to connect the whole world.
I always thought this was important — giving people the power to share and stay connected, empowering people to build their own communities themselves.
When I reflect on the last 10 years, one question I ask myself is: why were we the ones to build this? We were just students. We had way fewer resources than big companies. If they had focused on this problem, they could have done it.
The only answer I can think of is: we just cared more.
While some doubted that connecting the world was actually important, we were building. While others doubted that this would be sustainable, you were forming lasting connections.
We just cared more about connecting the world than anyone else. And we still do today.
via tumblr http://bit.ly/LElhff